Saturday, September 2, 2017

Pluto's Lament



I am cast far from you,
my golden star.
I hover here in the dimness of your light,
drifting dismally among the frozen wastes.

I am trapped in your orbit,
forced to watch those other vibrant spheres
dance around you,
rejoicing in your warmth,
bathing in your light.

I was once numbered among them,
a sister in the cosmic dance.
But no more.

Now I stand distant,
condemned
to forever circle your brilliant glow,
watching,
in near darkness,
every course of those blessed satellites
casting icy spires into the very heart of me.

I hate them,
your lovely planets.
I despise their delighted dance,
they, daily-kissed by your fire,
while I languish, here,
among these frigid bodies
that are now my brethren.

Would that I could but escape your gravity
and float through the dust and gas to another distant star,
that I might, too, be kissed by fire
and melted into a beautiful orb
able to join the celestial promenade once again.


Sinful Sunday

19 comments:

  1. This is an amazing image - I love it all

    ReplyDelete
  2. The image is absolutely stunning and the words go with it so well!

    Rebel xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. The image really speaks to me today, it's beautiful and haunting at the same time. The poetry hit me even harder... very well done...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow . . . such a, instantly, captivating image!
    Very clever!!!
    Xxx - K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is magnificent! So different! I seriously love this image so much!
    Aurora x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the artwork and the poem. Love the last stanza.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how different this is <3 very captivating pic x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the way your hair acts both as a hiding veil and an open curtain. It accentuates the boldness of your stare.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The edit has really made your eye pop out of this image. It is absolutely captivating

    Mollyx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is really stunning! Great words, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the edit, it's so eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! You look like from the comic book. The eyes are hypnotising.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the eyes! I know you used a filter/edit but are you wearing special contacts as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. If you check my Twitter, I posted comparison image with the unedited original.

      Delete
  14. Oh wow, this is so intense! Your eyes are so mesmerizing, I didn't even notice the knife at first. Great shot! - MariaSibylla

    ReplyDelete